Thursday 5 July 2012

Outen About

Cor blimey, what a week, I'm shattered!!! The last week has been a bit of a whirlwind for me. Being back on breakfast television came as a bit of a shock to the system..... Having to set your alarm for 4am everyday!! I haven't been up at that time since Betsy's night feeds, and now, just when she's sleeping through the night and I can finally get some sleep, I'm up with the lark again.
However, it was all worth it as I got out and about each day meeting new mums from all over the country, and got to try out some of the biggest fitness crazes to hit the UK.
I know that a lot of women feel the pressure to get back into shape after having a baby and as a new mum myself, I know how pregnancy changed my body. My hips are wider, my rib cage has expanded and my feet are a size bigger! Even after two years, I still don't feel like I've got my body back. Years ago I would have felt the need to skip meals to get back into shape, but as I've got older, I've realised that it's much more important to focus on being healthy, than being thin, and that exercise and a good diet is the key.
So I was excited when Daybreak invited me to try out some new fitness classes such as Bollywood Dancercise, Zumba toning, and cheerobics.

From London to Newmarket via Skegness, I was on a mission to put the fun back into fitness and get some new mums into shape.


Bollywood Dancercise
wearing Sweaty Betty
It was a really nice way to meet new mums from around the country and we were so lucky that the weather stayed dry for us. However, after all the early starts, I really wasn't prepared for how tired I'd feel by the afternoon. It was like having jet lag for a week..... And I have to admit that I had to sneak off mid afternoon for a cheeky nana nap!
The weekend was just as busy as I celebrated two of my friends birthdays. On Friday we had a fun night of karaoke at Lucky Voice in Islington, then on Saturday, Lee and I headed to Kent with my friend Tamara and her boyfriend Mark to the Hop Farm Festival. Lee and Mark went off to watch some football, but Tamara and I really got into the festival spirit watching Bob Dylan and Randy Crawford.



It was a lovely weekend spent with friends and family, which we finished off by going to the Rare Breeds Centre in Woodchurch with little Betsy.
I have been so busy that I haven't even had a chance to see Lee's episode of Bedlam which was shown on Sky Living last week. I've recorded it though and can't wait to get a chance to sit down with a cuppa and watch my hubby proudly on the tv.
Today, I'm up at the crack if dawn again   as I head for the airport to fly up to Bonny Scotland. I'll be in Glasgow as part of the Transform Your Patch campaign. I'm competing against Emma Willis, Robbie Savage and Fazer to win the much needed funds to be spent on a project which is close to my heart.... Playgrounds.
I am frantically trying to get some votes to regenerate land into some much needed playgrounds. So vote for me at www.transformyourpatch.com/vote and help me win the funds to transform a patch near you.
Have to go now, I've got a flight to catch..... Look out Glasgow, I'm coming to get you!
No rest for the wicked eh!!